Thursday, July 3, 2008

Spring

Winter is over, spring is here. I have struggled to move lately. My body has been tired and my soul has been weary too.

I posted last month about the seasons we go through, and wondered if winter would ever end.

Many races over many many months were like my Summer.... I had boundless energy and nothing seemed impossible.

The North Face 100 in May was a race I had worked hard towards and I had done my best.... Autumn for my running life and I reaped a good reward.

Life has thrown me some big challenges in the last few weeks, and I have found it hard to cope. My winter. So I have rested, physically and mentally.

Once I was rested, I realised I needed to MOVE on to Spring, regardless of the cold dark feelings of winter still in my bones. To not move is to risk spending a lifetime in Winter, and becoming comfortable there.

1 comment:

tim said...

welcome to spring. Time to rejoice.