Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sydney Marathon Clinic April

Today was the 8th race at Sydney Marathon Clinic for the season and the 8th I've finished :) Just one more to go to gain the coveted 'whole lot' series t-shirt. This was a goal I set myself in the middle of 2007, after completing the 5k series last year. Another Half Marathon, while not the fastest time I've ever done, not the slowest either and certainly done under the most pressure physically.

I'm tired. Actually that's an understatement. I've done 4 big runs in 2 weeks. This time last year I would have needed 2-3 weeks to recover from even one of those runs. In fact, three of those I would not have been able to complete.

My body has been pushed and hasn't broken. I have no injuries and I'm gearing up for a go at a 100k race. That challenge is in 3 weeks and I'm so excited! I'm going to take this time to rest and recover, so I can face the race strong and ready.

Bring on the long mountain trail run!

No comments: