Sunday, April 3, 2011

Running on Empty - But Feeling Great

Well it's 3am on Sunday morning. I have worked 4 days shifts and 5 night shifts since Monday. I am officially shattered. I've also run 4 times this week. Twice doing hill repeats and the other times just around the local streets. I'm due to meet a friend at 7am for another run. I hope that this can all balance out somehow, as squeezing running in between shifts of work makes for tired, slow running (more slow than normal) Pleased to say though, that all this activity has seen the kg's dropping off me. I should be able to hit TNF 100k the lightest I've been in about 4 years, making for easier movement all round. Being active is what makes me happy. Although I'm rushing from place to place, I get more done this way. The house is clean, the kids are sorted, I'm running more, and working twice as much. Even started getting dinner cooked early so I can go to the boys footy practises. And why am I telling you all this? No idea. Sometimes this page is just for me to spill some thoughts that I can look back on in later times and remember the path I've taken and what happened along the way. I'm happy again, which has been a long time coming. I feel settled and content in myself. My children are happy at a good school, and I have sufficient work to keep us all fed and clothed. I'm running with 4 different people, who keep me motivated and upbeat. Strength training has been added to routine for great results. My family is close by, and I'm running with my wonderful little brother again. Life is Good. Selah.

1 comment:

pepster said...

I like reading posts like that Runbare, because I'm busy and have kids and I get my inspiration from people like you.