Monday, May 26, 2008

The Whole Flamin' Lot

Well I did it!!

Sydney Marathon Clinic runs 9 months of the year from September - May. Each month there is a 5k, 10k and long run, ranging from 21-30k. If you are silly enough to turn up and run every long race you are awarded a gorgeous t'shirt that proudly proclaims 'I did the whole flamin lot'.

Last year I decided to run the long series and yesterday was my last long run (25k). I hurt, with the 100k race from last weekend still fresh in my memory, not to mention legs and feet. Lots of these long runs were days after other MUCH longer runs! Eg; Six Foot Track, Hellgate Gorge, The North Face 100k, Great North Walk 75k. When I chose this goal, I had no idea I'd be doing all those other runs :)

Still I'm a stubborn old girl, so I did them all anyway.

No comments: