Friday, February 20, 2009

Some Days...

Today I went out for a 20k run. I didn't get very far. After about 3k I was tired.

In fact so tired, it felt like I was in a constant uphill battle. Sadly it mostly a flat course.

I tried to take my mind off the sluggishness by wondering exactly how I'd describe how I felt. 'Running through custard' came to mind. The thought amused me for a while, about 2 minutes actually, then it was just hard again.

I managed to push through about 10k before falling back through my front door.

An old song popped into my head while I was out there, so I changed the lyrics a bit...

"Some days are diamonds, some days are like running through custard"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope Six Foot Track is a diamond day. The thought of running through custard as it flows down Pluvi is too much for me.