Monday, June 30, 2008

Some Bling

Saturday night was the Sydney Marathon Clinic presentation dinner. I took all the kids along for the ride and they enjoyed the night. The food was terrific and the MC Mike O'Mara kept the night rolling along with his funny stories and jokes.

I had a blast. For the first time ever, I actually picked up some awards. I have always been the 'slow, unco kid' who didn't get picked for anything. Tonight I got picked for a couple of things :)

First in my age group (30-39) for the Long Series runs. Second overall in the Long Series handicap competition. I also received a nice medallion for running my first marathon, and another for running my first ultra marathon. And the coveted prize..... the "I did the flamin' lot" tshirt.

It was worth the work, the effort and the getting up early to run long races when I wanted to quit.

I should point out too that both my daughters did very well.

Alana was 2nd in her age group (under 15's) for the 5km run series and also 2nd overall for the handicap competition for that distance. Sara (who is only 13) scored a 1st place trophy in her age group (under 20's) for the 10k series. She also holds the race record for this distance for junior female runners.

No comments: